Directors Election 2022
Below are the timelines and legal requirements for the District’s Board of Directors elections. If you have any further questions please contact us here.
Order Cancelling the Directors Election
Orden de Cancelación de la Elección de Directores
District Contact Information:
- Name of Political Subdivision: Hays County MUD 4
- Mailing Address: c/o McGinnis Lochridge, 600 Congress Avenue, Suite 2100, Austin, Tx 78701
- Phone: (512) 495-6000
- Email: SBeverly@McGinnisLaw.com
Date of Next Election for Officers of the Political Subdivision:
- May 7, 2022
Location of Next Election:
- To be determined
- First day to file for place on the general election ballot is the 30th day before the last day to file.
- Last day and deadline to file for place on the general election ballot is the 78th day before the date of the election, by 5:00 p.m.
General Eligibility Requirements for a Candidate:
- 18 years of age on first day of term
- U.S. citizen
- Resident of Texas for one year
- Registered voter in political subdivision OR owner of property in political subdivision
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be (A) totally mentally incapacitated, or (B) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote
- Acknowledge awareness of the nepotism law, Chapter 573, Government Code.
Requirements for Filing for Candidacy for Each Elected Office of Political Subdivision:
- Each candidate must complete an Application for a Place on the General Election Ballot. The application can be obtained from the Election Agent or from the Secretary of State’s website: www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/index.shtml (Form 2-21). The application must be notarized and the original must be received in the office of the election agent during the filing period.